As this will be my last post before 2009, I want to take this opportunity to thank all of my readers for their support over the last year, and to wish you all a very happy Christmas and a brilliant New Year. I hope that 2009 brings you all the happiness, good health, love and friendship that you desire!
I shall be spending Christmas at home with my mum, my daughter and Poppy the dog. And this year I shall also be cooking the Christmas lunch for the first time (mum has always done it before) and I am really looking forward to that. I recently bought the medieval game of Fox and Geese, so I’m sure that’ll be coming out of the cupboard, although it may have a hard fight to contend with my daughter’s Christmas present – a Wii!
The rest of my time will be spent researching for next year’s posts, writing my novel, marking my students’ assignments (bah humbug!) as well as starting the process of setting up an online business selling beautiful, medievally-inspired objects (more on this at a later date).
As for next year, I have some more fascinating (to me anyway lol) posts planned, including:
- The first judgement on Hugh Despenser
- A review of the recent concert of the Mediaeval Baebes (Illumination Tour) at Gloucester Cathedral and of their latest album
- A discussion on the Despenser War
- The practice of recognizances
- Roger de Mortimer
- Hugh’s relationship with Edward
- Hugh’s relationship with Isabella
- Tynemouth 1322 (was Isabella really abandoned? Hmmmmm)
But until then, I wish you and yours a peaceful holiday season, and I raise a glass of spiced wine to you all!